PartStore Features Save Time, Money
Empire PartStore™ users can now access a couple of features that make placing online parts orders even more convenient.
PartStore Integrated Procurement allows users to transmit purchase orders, order parts and receive invoices electronically. User highlights include:
- EFFICIENCY Integrated Procurement allows orders to be placed directly from the buyer’s business system to Empire’s PartStore system, reducing manual effort and eliminating duplicate entries. Purchase orders are routed directly to PartStore, and invoices are transmitted directly back to the buyer’s business system, where they are automatically reconciled with the original purchase orders.
- ORDER ACCURACY Buyers can select parts from several sources:
- Caterpillar’s online parts manuals within PartStore Web,
- Frequent order lists created within PartStore Web, or
- Their own system’s list of Caterpillar parts and prices. (These lists can be electronically updated on a regular basis.)
- INSTANT INFORMATION Real-time price and availability helps buyers make informed purchasing decisions even after business hours.
- AUTOMATED STOCK REPLENISHMENT Stock replenishment orders can automatically be placed without manual intervention.
Together these benefits can create transaction cost savings of up to 50% or more, depending on the buyer’s previous processes. One user reported that he was able to eliminate half of his manual-process steps as a result of the Integrated Procurement feature, citing improvements in his company’s ordering, shipping/receiving, invoice reconciliation and accounts payable processes.
“Integrated Procurement streamlines so many processes that could slow the whole procedure,” said Jeremy Hefner, Empire’s inventory control manager. “Users key in orders themselves, matching orders to POs is simple, and invoice aging is greatly reduced. Empire clients who use the system like it!"
The PartStore Approvals System is another feature designed to improve user efficiency. This system permits customers to specify purchasers for their company, designate approvers and set dollar limits.
“The Approvals system eliminates a lot of guesswork when a problem or question comes up,” remarked Hefner. “In companies where multiple people have purchasing power – or where several people use the same password –backtracking to the root of a problem or auditing purchases can be a real challenge. The Approvals feature eliminates all that.”
PartStore Training is available from Empire Product Support Service Representatives. Our PSSR's help customers get set up on the system, train them to use it, and serve as troubleshooting support if needed – all free of charge.
For more information on PartStore